Business Analyst (Intellectual Property Business Unit)
Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Mountain View, CA / San Francisco, CA
Dept: Intellectual Property Business Unit
The Kudelski Group is seeking a contractor to the Intellectual Property Business Unit who will develop and refine business and industry intelligence in support of Nagra's patent licensing and acquisition activity. Primary responsibilities for this position include: assembling detailed market research, business and financial analysis, preparing financial models, and research in support of patent licensing, patent acquisition, and US based corporate development. In particular, the position will focus on communicating - internally and externally - the value of patent licensing relationships, the valuation of target markets, patent portfolio valuation, and company valuation. A working knowledge of the various digital entertainment business ecosystems (e.g., consumer electronics, over-the-top providers, or multi-system operators) is a plus.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Research specific market segments in detail to develop and present specific TAM and SAM markets for portfolio license acquisitions.
- Research specific companies in detail to develop customized company profiles that highlight revenue distribution broken down by business segment, product lines and products.
- Research intellectual property-related activities including patent litigation and licensing activities of specific companies and markets.
- Develop business analysis and summaries, presentations and complex financial models in support of patent licensing, patent acquisition and corporate development.
- Summarize and succinctly present results to team. Work as a member of project teams responsible for completing assigned tasks.
- Understand and articulate facts related to both current and emerging business models in each segment of the market.
- Understand & evaluate the effects of technology convergence in each segment of the market.
- Evaluate the conventional competitive landscape in each segment of the market as well as new market entrants with potentially disruptive technologies & business models.
- Maintain a high state of knowledge and awareness of the industry including the overall markets, companies and customers in the value chain, active patent litigation and licensing programs, competitors and others in the Kudelski ecosystem.
- Manage all functions within budget and other requirements.
Core competencies and Experience:
- Undergraduate finance, accounting or economics degree; MBA a plus
- 3+ years professional and related experience conducting business and market research, business analysis, and financial modeling (i.e. pro forma, Monte-Carlo, etc.).
- 2+ years' experience in IP valuation and patent damages analysis in support of patent licensing programs or related projects is a plus.
- Able to explain business analysis in layman's terms to a variety of audiences.
- Creative and energetic with a strong, results-oriented focus.
- Able to build rapport and establish credibility. A consummate professional with integrity and honor.
- Highly intelligent, decisive and displays courage of his/her convictions.
- A champion of ideas who accepts disagreement with maturity and with the good of the business at heart.
- Ability to work well with others and to quickly assimilate and understand information.
- Passionate about the success of the IPBU and function, strong interpersonal skills including the ability to develop healthy working relationships through effective listening, communication and the building of trust.
- Well organized and energetic, a self-starter who is able to proactively solve problems, and show a passion for your work.
- Ability to travel between San Francisco and Mountain View
- Languages: Fluent English essential
NAGRA is the worldwide leader in delivering secure, end-to-end digital media technologies that service providers can rapidly deploy to generate and protect revenues. Our solutions address the entire digital media ecosystem with a focus on leveraging innovations and elevating the consumers digital entertainment experience.
120 leading service providers worldwide have entrusted us as a natural ally for generating and securing revenue from content delivered to hundreds of millions subscribers.
NAGRA has unparalleled know-how and experience in the delivery of complete, end-to-end and secure digital media solutions, with a proven track record that spans two decades. NAGRA is independent from any media group or service provider, and is part of the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S), a global technology leader.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Business Analyst in Andover, MASoftware SpecialistsAndover , Massachusetts, United StatesFeb 23
Business Analyst, FlightsTripAdvisorBoston, Massachusetts, United StatesFeb 23
Sr. Business AnalystCAQHWashington, United StatesFeb 23
Business Analyst - InfrastructureIntraEdgeFort Worth , Texas, United StatesFeb 23
Business Analyst JuniorZolon TechCarlsbad , California, United StatesFeb 23
Latest from the webjobs by
Business AnalystAlberta Energy RegulatorCalgary, AB15 Feb
Business Analyst - Benefit Services (170217A)Manitoba Blue CrossWinnipeg, MB17 Feb
Junior Business AnalystInfotek Consulting ServicesToronto, ON22 Feb
Urgently Looking for Business AnalystForzance TechnologiesCalgary, AB14 Feb
Business AnalystMorgan StanleyMontréal, QC22 Feb
Business Analyst (Intellectual Property Business Unit)NAGRA (Kudelski Group)Mountain View , California, United StatesFeb 20
Senior Business Analyst / Business Systems AnalystEagle Technical StaffingBala Cynwyd , Pennsylvania, United StatesFeb 23
Business Process Consultant / Business AnalystJumpvineAtlanta, Georgia, United StatesFeb 21
Business Analyst - SQL / Business ObjectsAkorbiMountain View , California, United StatesFeb 20
Business AnalystRWDIBowmanville, Ontario (ON), CanadaFeb 16