BI Business Analyst (TERM)
At CWB Group, we offer every employee the opportunity to be an owner. Have a voice in your career, make a difference in your community, become a valued member of our team. Find the right opportunity for you.
Apply now and start your career with CWB Group today.
The Business Analyst is responsible for the understanding and application of information consumer business and data needs and objectives and the communication of this information between the BI project's leadership team, technical leaders where applicable and business stakeholders.
There is accountability for understanding business change needs, assessing the business impact of those changes, capturing, analyzing and documenting requirements. As a member of the IS department, the BA is responsible for discovering, synthesizing, and analyzing information from a variety of sources within an enterprise, including tools, processes, documentation, and stakeholders. This role is responsible for in depth gathering and maintenance of information/data needs; the affinity analysis of these needs; the investigation of source data system business processes; and the cross reference to solution design components under consideration by the project. The analyst works with the project solution architect and project manager as the collective point of contact for how, where, and why business stakeholders use data and information.
This role investigates data source as it pertains to business practices and downstream business intelligence / data warehousing information needs; and manages the concerns raised by business as it pertains to BI/DW project development and collaborates with client relationship personnel to ensure client needs are met within the project framework.
Please note: This is an 18 (eighteen) month term position that is eligible for benefits.
Closing Date: February 27, 2017
- Recognized post-secondary certification in Business Analysis strongly preferred, but combination of experience and education is also considered.
- PMP designation or formal Project Management training is an asset.
- Possess a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Information System, Business Administration, or other related field.
- Must have 7-9 years' of hands-on Business Analysis working experience with demonstrated ability to apply business analysis techniques to increasingly complex projects or initiatives. Ideally with financial/banking sector experience.
- Data Warehousing / Business Intelligence industry experience
- Advanced understanding of the systems, services, products and processes of the organization.
- Expertise with all aspects of requirements management, process modeling techniques and methodologies with proven ability to oversee and mentor others in these processes.
- Proven effectiveness in facilitation of medium to large cross-functional groups
- Ability and willingness to constructively question processes, and to learn and implement new concepts for improved operations.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving capabilities, with the ability to devise creative, workable solutions with established policies.
- Above average communication and interpersonal skills - ability to quickly understand and accurately interpret meaning, purpose and importance.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Ability to multi-task and contribute to more than one complex project at a time.
- Proficient in analysis of business data, complex data structures and their translation into standardized format.
- Liaise with business management and representatives to understand information needs as they relate to business objects and challenges.
- Gather information needs and document this information within the project Traceability Matrix.
- Investigation and business profiling of data sources as they pertain to business data, information and or analytic needs.
- Liaise between business, solution architects and where applicable technical team leadership.
- Author all requirements documentation.
- Help to support the definition of the future state solution, gather existing state information from business units, establish integration points, and work-flows. Define technical requirements to establish solution, support testing and sign-off by various stakeholders.
- Support documenting of future state requirements for risk rating flow through origination system for each model.
- Identify and document integration points and required interfaces between systems prepare design specifications for integration as well as data flows to ensure auditability of approach by regulators, IA, 3rd parties, etc.
- Run and organize workshops, minute discussions and obtain sign-offs of stakeholders at meetings.
- Coordinate version control on all primary project document deliverables relating to Business Analysis.
- Coordinate all deliverable socialization and approvals.
- Maintain the traceability matrix throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Where applicable support the gathering and maintenance of business metadata.
- Coordinate the final publication of project documentation relating to Business Analysis.
- Documentation of data flow requirements and needs from various systems and requirements for development of exception reporting to support Master Risk Rating discrepancies between disparate systems.
- Support identifying reporting and business related implications of operating two risk rating segments at the same time for portfolios and parallel reporting needs as a result.
- Align future state reporting requirements with use test Gap Analysis considerations identified.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Canadian Western Bank Group. CWB Group only accepts resumes via online application at . If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered. Due to the large volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment process or have questions about our workplace, please contact us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Business Analyst in Andover, MASoftware SpecialistsAndover , Massachusetts, United StatesFeb 23
Business Analyst, FlightsTripAdvisorBoston, Massachusetts, United StatesFeb 23
Sr. Business AnalystCAQHWashington, United StatesFeb 23
Business Analyst - InfrastructureIntraEdgeFort Worth , Texas, United StatesFeb 23
Business Analyst JuniorZolon TechCarlsbad , California, United StatesFeb 23
Latest from the webjobs by
Business AnalystAlberta Energy RegulatorCalgary, AB15 Feb
Business Analyst - Benefit Services (170217A)Manitoba Blue CrossWinnipeg, MB17 Feb
Junior Business AnalystInfotek Consulting ServicesToronto, ON22 Feb
Urgently Looking for Business AnalystForzance TechnologiesCalgary, AB14 Feb
Business AnalystMorgan StanleyMontréal, QC22 Feb
BI Business Analyst (TERM)Canadian Western BankCanadaFeb 21
DW/BI - Business AnalystKUMBHA'SColumbus, Ohio, United StatesFeb 18
BI Business AnalystCalance USTorrance , California, United StatesFeb 21
BI Business AnalystTentekSan Diego, California, United StatesFeb 16
Business Analyst, Long Term Contract, State NCMBFRALRaleigh, North Carolina, United StatesFeb 20