Principal Business Analyst, Technology (Workday)
As a member of the Workday Global Business System team, the Principal Business Analyst will liaise with IT, Finance, and Human Resources to i.) endorse new technology and foster organizational readiness, ii.) optimize Workday ERP efficiency, iii.) enable continuous process improvement, iv.) drive cost reduction, and v.) facilitate organizational growth via performance of the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define business requirements, establish current vs. future process mapping, and create functional and technical Workday specifications.
- Design and cultivate Workday dashboards, scorecards, and reports to evaluate headcount, attrition, compensation, length of service, talent acquisition, goals/performance, profitability, working capital, monthly close efficiency, sales/income/payroll tax compliance, cash management, spend management, customer collection, etc.
- Assist in development and execution of capacity plans, timelines, and test scenarios for recurring upgrade cycles and future implementation phases.
- Coordinate and execute systematic testing, craft adoption tools and reference materials, and deliver end user training.
- Identify and configure new integrations to/from subsystems and service providers.
- Maintain and monitor prevailing inbound and outbound integrations.
- Create custom objects, reports, and calculated fields for Finance and HR information management.
- Acclimate users with Workday functionality in the areas of Human Capital Management, Absence, Benefits, Compensation, Payroll, Recruiting, Talent/Performance, Time Tracking, Business Organizations, Assets, Banking, Customer Accounts, Financial Accounting, Procurement, Project Management, Spend Verification, Supplier Accounts, and Travel & Expense.
- Understand user requirements, develop Workday documentation, optimize workflow processes, and promote user comprehension.
- Familiarize with Workday developments to evaluate capabilities in the context of the business.
- Liaise with global stakeholders to adopt new functionality as needed.
- Create systematic Charter and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to define role consistency.
- Enable business process improvement and standardization, pursue opportunities for cost reduction.
- Analyze incidents/requests; ensure issues and/or defects are identified, documented, and timely resolved.
- Appraise vendor relationships, partnership support, and overall product and service satisfaction.
- Edify and maintain constructive stakeholder relationships (Executive, IT, Finance, HR, etc.), solicit feedback to ensure ongoing service satisfaction.
- Immerse in customary IT, Finance, and HR communications, meetings, and activities to engender collegial support.
- Communicate changes and enhancements via recurring upgrade cycles and future implementation phases to impacted users.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Comprehension and proficiency of Software as a Service (Saas) design and testing in the areas of:
- Organizational Structure
- Business Process Configuration
- Domain, User, and Role-Based Security Policies
- Simple, Advanced, Matrix, and Composite Reporting
- Calculated Fields, Enterprise Interface Builder, Core Connector, and Document Transformation
- Complex problem resolution and privacy data management and security.
- Demonstrated analytical and multitasking capabilities.
- Sound judgment, creativity, and flexibility; awareness to anticipate change and seamlessly adapt.
- Willingness and ability to assume initiative and embrace accountability.
- Action oriented, influential leadership to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication; ability to liaise with colleagues of diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Capacity to administer multiple, competing demands and work cooperatively with others.
- Acuity for organizational change practices and behavior.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Master's Degree in computer science, information systems, or closely related field preferred.
- Six to eight years of progressive large scale Workday implementation and business application experience.
- Workday Human Capital Management Certification.
- Workday Payroll Certification.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Tasks are performed in a professional office environment.
- Extensive use of office equipment including computer, calculator, copier, facsimile, and related hardware and software.
- May include travel to global locations upon request.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification and it may be changed by management at any time. Other duties may also apply. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. Distribution of this item outside of the Company without an authorized release is a violation of Company policy.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Business Analyst in Andover, MASoftware SpecialistsAndover , Massachusetts, United StatesFeb 23
Business Analyst, FlightsTripAdvisorBoston, Massachusetts, United StatesFeb 23
Sr. Business AnalystCAQHWashington, United StatesFeb 23
Business Analyst - InfrastructureIntraEdgeFort Worth , Texas, United StatesFeb 23
Business Analyst JuniorZolon TechCarlsbad , California, United StatesFeb 23
Latest from the webjobs by
Business AnalystAlberta Energy RegulatorCalgary, AB15 Feb
Business Analyst - Benefit Services (170217A)Manitoba Blue CrossWinnipeg, MB17 Feb
Junior Business AnalystInfotek Consulting ServicesToronto, ON22 Feb
Urgently Looking for Business AnalystForzance TechnologiesCalgary, AB14 Feb
Business AnalystMorgan StanleyMontréal, QC22 Feb
Business Analyst / UAT / workdayAsen Computer AssociatesNorth Chicago , Illinois, United StatesFeb 20
Business Analyst - Technology SolutionsBizInsure LLCOakland, California, United StatesFeb 18
Healthcare Technology: Business AnalystUniMed DirectAustin, Texas, United StatesFeb 20
Business Analyst - Healthcare TechnologyHealthcare Tech FirmNorwalk , Connecticut, United StatesFeb 19
Business Analyst (Investment Mgmt Technology Consulting)IMP ConsultingBoston, Massachusetts, United StatesFeb 20