Under the direction of the Manager, this position applies extensive knowledge of industry practices and standards to devise and implement business strategies and projects related to Human Resources. Assists in business unit's compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. This position is also responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS disciplines and behaviors.
- Identifies and measures quantitative trends and develops recurring and ad hoc reports and recommendations relating to Human Resources programs, including the design and effectiveness of compensation and incentive programs, benefits programs, workforce metrics, etc.
- Provides support for the ongoing monitoring and execution of human capital strategies and initiatives, including determining and presenting the potential impact of such programs.
- Develops reports, proposals and presentations that evaluate the cost/benefit of various Human Resources programs and educate senior level decision makers, including Committee Members, on the merits and considerations of such programs.
- Identifies program needs and develops appropriate solutions or recommendations for implementation and maintenance of such programs (i.e. ongoing training, monitoring of legislative and regulatory developments, etc.).
- Coordinates collection and preparation of routine and special reports, including but not limited to total rewards, FTE and headcount, time and attendance, terminations, new hires, and transfers reports.
- Reconciles and validates data as necessary to ensure completeness and accuracy of information.
- Prepares quarterly metrics for the Human Resources dashboard.
- Studies procedures and workflows of a unit or program, and recommends process improvements to create enhanced business insights.
- Studies methods of improving work measurements or performance standards.
- Utilizes workflow tools to design and execute streamlined processes.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution with major in business or related area, or equivalent work experience.
- 7 years related work experience (analyst, senior analyst or managerial human resource function with 3-5 years of responsibility focused on technical aspects e.g., HRIS, testing, management reporting, benefits analysis, compensation analysis, incentive plans, total compensation or total cash compensation analysis, etc. or working manager for one or more of these areas).
- Experience determining, defining, tracking, measuring and reporting on HR metrics.
- Demonstrated proficiency and expertise with personal computers in a networked environment and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio and Power Point) or similar software.
- Knowledge of or ability to use Bank systems and software, including report writing software such as Crystal Reports.
- Familiarity with Lawson HCM System, Lawson Business Intelligence and Lawson Process Flow or other HRIS platform is preferred.
OTHER JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented, organized.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial and business analysis, and forecasting and trends analysis.
- Able to leverage experience determining, defining, tracking, measuring and reporting on HR metrics.
- Able to work flexible hours including holidays, weekends and evenings as needed or assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Business Analyst in Andover, MASoftware SpecialistsAndover , Massachusetts, United StatesFeb 23
Business Analyst, FlightsTripAdvisorBoston, Massachusetts, United StatesFeb 23
Sr. Business AnalystCAQHWashington, United StatesFeb 23
Business Analyst - InfrastructureIntraEdgeFort Worth , Texas, United StatesFeb 23
Business Analyst JuniorZolon TechCarlsbad , California, United StatesFeb 23
Latest from the webjobs by
Business AnalystAlberta Energy RegulatorCalgary, AB15 Feb
Business Analyst - Benefit Services (170217A)Manitoba Blue CrossWinnipeg, MB17 Feb
Junior Business AnalystInfotek Consulting ServicesToronto, ON22 Feb
Urgently Looking for Business AnalystForzance TechnologiesCalgary, AB14 Feb
Business AnalystMorgan StanleyMontréal, QC22 Feb
Finanical Analyst/Business AnalystDynamic RecyclingOnalaska , Wisconsin, United StatesFeb 22
Senior Business Analyst / Business Systems AnalystEagle Technical StaffingBala Cynwyd , Pennsylvania, United StatesFeb 23
Business Analyst / Project AnalystCreative Human Capital SolutionsSeal Beach , California, United StatesFeb 23
Business AnalystRWDIBowmanville, Ontario (ON), CanadaFeb 16
Business AnalystKingland SystemsAmes , Iowa, United StatesFeb 16